Selvedge Reserve: Matias x Candiani Denim Store
Selvedge Reserve is the name we’ve given to our selvedge fabrics department. We collaborate with different designers to create special capsules exclusively for the Candiani Denim Store. The first selvedge denim capsule, interpreted by Matias Denim, combines his unique aesthetic with Candiani’s heritage and sustainable denim innovation.
The Chore Coat is part of Candiani’s Selvedge Reserve collection. It is a workwear-inspired blazer that features unique details such as a camouflage laser print on the front pocket and all over the back panel, selvedge lining, and a very slight wash that brings the rustic character of the fabric alive.
Fabric: This garment is made with Candiani’s SK6463 KN-Green Pure selvedge fabric. It is composed of organic cotton and hemp, giving the garment an authentic denim hand-feel. It is dyed with Candiani’s N-Denim Technology, providing a marked green cast, and sized with Kitotex®, a natural polymer that replaces conventional chemicals and grants a significant reduction of the water and energy used in the process.
Fabric: 13¼ oz, raw, rigid selvedge denim
Design: Two lower patch pokets, single welted in-set breast pocket and opposite army print breast pocket, selvedge edge and army laser print details at back, Selvedge Reserve patch on lower left front patch pocket
Composition: 74% Organic Cotton, 26% Hemp
Care: Cold wash, with light to no detergent. Hang to dry
Made in the USA
Model: 188cm tall, waist 76cm, hips 99cm, chest 99cm wears size L
• Made with 74% organic cotton; GMO-free and grown according to strict environmental and social standards; certified GOTS by ICEA.
• And a Hemp weft. Pest resistance, and requiring low amounts of water and chemical inputs, are some of the reasons hemp is considered a preferred fiber.
• Dyed with Candiani’s no-fade N-Denim technology that saves water – reducing dye baths from 7 to 2 – and eliminates the use of hydrosulfites and other fixing agents.
• And sulphur botton dyed with Earthcolors® textile dyes extracted from natural elements recovered as waste from other industries.
• And Kitotex®, a 100% biodegradable sizing compound extracted from a natural occurring polymer found in shrimp shells, recovered as waste from the food-industry, OR other vegetable sources; non-allergenic, with bacteriostatic, anti-static, and anti-mite properties.