Selvedge Reserve: Matias x Candiani Denim Store
Selvedge Reserve is the name we’ve given to our selvedge fabrics department. We collaborate with different designers to create special capsules exclusively for the Candiani Denim Store. The first selvedge denim capsule, interpreted by Matias Denim, combines his unique aesthetic with Candiani’s heritage and sustainable denim innovation.
The Ticino Work Pant is a raw jean, inspired at the workwear pants that Candiani’s workers wore at the mill in the 1940s. It features a classic wide leg and workwear details such as the two front patch pockets. The signature detail of this pant is the asymmetrical design of the pockets on the back.
Fabric: This garment is made with Candiani’s SK6463 KN-Green Pure selvedge fabric. It is composed of organic cotton and hemp, giving the garment an authentic denim hand-feel. It is dyed with Candiani’s N-Denim Technology, providing a marked green cast, and sized with Kitotex®, a natural polymer that replaces conventional chemicals and grants a significant reduction of the water and energy used in the process.
Fabric: 13¼ oz, raw, rigid selvedge denim
Design: Slightly tapered leg, mid waist, front patch pockets, single button flap pocket opposite a single jetted pocket at back
Composition: 74% Organic Cotton, 26% Hemp
Care: Cold wash, with light to no detergent. Hang to dry
Made in the USA
Model: 188cm tall, waist 76cm, hips 99cm, chest 99cm wears size 33
• Made with 74% organic cotton; GMO-free and grown according to strict environmental and social standards; certified GOTS by ICEA.
• And a Hemp weft. Pest resistance, and requiring low amounts of water and chemical inputs, are some of the reasons hemp is considered a preferred fiber.
• Dyed with Candiani’s no-fade N-Denim technology that saves water – reducing dye baths from 7 to 2 – and eliminates the use of hydrosulfites and other fixing agents.
• And sulphur botton dyed with Earthcolors® textile dyes extracted from natural elements recovered as waste from other industries.
• And Kitotex®, a 100% biodegradable sizing compound extracted from a natural occurring polymer found in shrimp shells, recovered as waste from the food-industry, OR other vegetable sources; non-allergenic, with bacteriostatic, anti-static, and anti-mite properties.